Minimalism: My 2011 Goals
I have recently started my minimalism journey, and while I have yet to blog about it (TBH, there is enough out there already), I certainly intend to pick up the pace and really lean down in 2011.
So, I thought I would quickly share my goals with you =)
I have divided my current aims into three phases, obviously these might change slightly over time, but this is what I am committing too right now. I have also started “Phase One”.
Phase One – “First Pass” and the “Big Stuff” (By End of Jan 2011)
- Obvious Clothing - Old, Worn and Rarely-Used Items
- TV Gone
- 360 Gone
- CD’s and DVD’s Gone
- Old Computer Bits and Components Gone
- First Pass of Household Items
Here I am simply getting a handle on the “wood through the trees”. Also, I want to clear the obvious distractions from the house (namely the TV and 360).
Phase Two – Getting Lean and Preparing for Downsizing (By End of Mar 2011)
- Clothing to 50 Items or Less (Likely Less =))
- 1 Lightweight Yet Powerful Laptop
(Thinking of Going for Souped-Up Apple MBP – Suggestions?)
- Office Cleared (Bookshelf and Desk Gone)
- Kitchen Items Sorted and Refined
Here I am looking to really get my items down to the bare essentials as well as remove the need for a 2nd room, thus enabling the downsize of the apartment.
Phase Three – Downsized and Mobile! (By End of Jun 2011)
- Smaller Apartment – Down to 1 Bedroom
- 1 Suitcase for Everything I Care About
- Not “Everything”
- Namely: Clothing, Gadgets, Passport =)
Very simple here, I simply want to be able to go where I want, when I want. At this point I should be in much cheaper accommodation (normally making shorter leases possible too). Everything I need should be able to get into one large suitcase so I can simply pack and go!